At Camber Foundation, we know that solutions come from within community. Where we can contribute to those solutions by sharing the load, we will.
That’s what “camber” means to us – “a positive, upward curve built into the beam of a bridge, intended to distribute the load”. That’s why we chose it for our name, and we will work every day to live up to this meaning.
Bridge-builders across Eastern North Carolina are leading their communities towards a future where all can flourish. Every day, they are generating ideas, making connections, and gathering resources to bring their visions to life, and we believe they should not have to do it alone.
With philanthropic roots in the region, we stand ready as a willing and committed partner – to enhance, to strengthen, to uplift by adding “camber” to community-driven solutions.
Our Focus Areas
Focus Area Definitions
- Health & Wellness: Improving access to the broad spectrum of resources that promote optimal health and well-being for communities, individuals, and families so that all can thrive.
- Education: Advancing educational opportunities so that all students have what they need to learn and develop the knowledge and skills that drive them toward achieving their full potential and excelling in their future endeavors.
- Economic Development: Strengthening elements of the economic fiber of communities in order to boost the quality of life and prosperity of the individuals and families within them.
Within these areas, we have identified funding priorities that we have heightened interest in learning more about and supporting through grantmaking.
- Access to healthcare
- Mental health services and programs
- Postsecondary education attainment
- Workforce development
- Youth development programming
- Digital inclusion
- Capacity building for nonprofits and nonprofit leaders